Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bhagwad Guitar

I've been reading Rudyard Kipling's poem "If".
'If' you've not read it, you should.
Also, there is a slight change in plan. The song for the video is not going to be "Tashan mein", its going to be made by us. Big fat man and billy beetle dilly would do the vocals, I would be doing the guitars, couch potato would be doing the flute, the rhythm guitars. BFM. BBD, CP, 'if' in case you dint know you'd be doing these things, now you know. We now need a percussionist. BBD, you also have to write the song. Heh heh.
I thought the video would be the major thing, now it looks like the song is also the major thing. And BFM, thanks mate. It means a lot to me. Its equivalent to Artie Traum saying the same. Thanks for making my day. As long as you think I am awesome, its OK. Just don't call me a guitarist, though. I am not one.
Which brings me to the point of discussion, the Bhagwad guitar.
A guitar is an instrument with a hole, six (or twelve) strings, and it produces musical notes.
Wrong.
A guitar is a vent to your innermost feelings. Its not an instrument, its a feeling. You don't play the guitar, you express yourself. I am sure other connoisseurs of good music would agree that its the same with other instruments, but I am crazy about guitars. Here is some advice to all those 'guitarists' out there:
1. Pray to Jimmy Page everyday.
2. Ego comes free with the guitar. DON'T take freebies and make yourself a cheap ass.
3. If you have six fingers out of ten, you are a guitarist.
4. It doesn't matter how fast you can play or how good you think you are, but if you can play one note with dignity, you are a guitarist in my book - Artie traum.
5. Never compare, and NEVER EVER, imitate.
Teach yourself to play the guitar, and the guitar will teach you a lot in return. And remember, 'if' the guitar sounds awful, you need to change yourself, not the other way round.
Enough crap. Time to start a band. Boys, get ready. NOT Sameera.

2 comments:

Suman said...

On a lighter note ( or heavy )Life is a Guitar ,which can be played only with 'strings'attached ( at both ends )

The Rambler said...

heh heh....yeah, right.