Thursday, September 11, 2008

A mighty heart.

Dear all, 

I have just been informed of a catastrophe of mass proportions. No. It doesn't have anything to do with discovering the Higg's Boson. My guitar is dead. Correction. My only guitar is dead. The most unreliable Sources inside the Rashtrapati Bhavan, at Marredpally, Hyderabad, claim that the death was quick and painless. The cause of death, apparently, is the wind which gently nudged the drape where the head of the guitar was housed. The most unreliable sources were at their good offices in the next room when the mishap occurred. They probably even went to the extent of actually muttering "Maa ki kiri kiri" under their breath, but that has not been confirmed at this time.

Dude, I know you wanted the post to be called EDA, because those are the only three chords you played on my guitar, but I think you would agree with what the post is called. 

My most beautiful only guitar is dead. I bought it saving so much money. A long time ago, when my salary was INR 6,000/-, which, ironically, today is a measly piece of shit compared to what I make. Looking back, I think I was better off earning that measly piece of shit. I guess you realise things like this once in a while. I might buy another guitar, and maybe, just maybe, it might be a Gibson Les Paul (Sunburst), but my most beautiful only guitar will always have a special place in my heart. I played "Neele neele ambar par" (vocals, chords and tabs) to my ex-wife once just to surprise her. I played in front of an audience who thought I was awesome because I could play without looking at the guitar. I played it on so many of those lonely nights. The last time I played this guitar is the videos that are there in the post "The Ajuitar". I believe now that that quality time I spent with the guitar was its swansong. It was brutally thrown to the floor once by the ex-wife, which led to a fracture at the neck. It clung on to life to be immortalised in the video. Once its job was done, it died, without telling anyone. What a life. What a death. What a mighty heart. 

Adios, my most beautiful only guitar. Thank you for all the wonderful times and great company. I will miss you.  

2 comments:

Khadar-ki-kiri-kiri said...

I have sent you the photograohs to make the heart more heavy

Anonymous said...

Condolences, my friend.

And get an Ibanez...please.

A, N and SP