Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tirupathi trip

Well, its the first time I am going to tell you about a place where I went. 

Trippers: Me, uncle, aunt, mom and dad. 

Tripped: Tirupathi, Golden Temple (Sripuram - Vellore), kanipakam.

Tirupathi - Got my head shaved. Saw Mr. Balaji. He is fine and conveys his best regards to all. Uncle got letters from Chief Minister, Home Minister, Minister of state for endowments. Dad looked pukka politician with head shaved and those shady ray bans. The last time he went bald was in 1963. I, for once, was happy that we both had the same amount of hair on our heads (Both dad and uncle have awesome hair and hairstyles - Hair transplant, here I come). Went around Tirumala to see Mr. B's feet, kalatoranam, etc. All in all, a good thing to do. They say that when you see Mr. B, you gotta tell him something, I miss all the time. But this time, I told him. I said, "the last time I was here, I had a wife, a secure job, a back, a bullet. This time, I don't have any. How would you like to see me the next time?". 

Golden temple - This you must see. The entire temple is gold plated. Very beautiful. Very gold. Very out of the ordinary. Very commercial. This temple is about 130 Km from Tirupathi

Kanipakam - Mr. Ganesh's temple. He is awesome. I like him. Given straight VIP treatment - thanks to dad's shaved head.  

Am back in the beach city for now. Will move out soon. This is for someone out there who just told me what had happened in their life:

When life gets tough, and you don't want to dance, 
go on, break a leg, take a chance.
When nothing makes sense, and opportunity doesn't  give you a second glance, 
go on, break a leg, take a chance. 

When the world turns grey, and there is dust all over your plans, 
go on, break a leg, take a chance. 
When everyone is traveling, and you haven't seen France, 
go on, break a leg, take a chance. 

For this life is all about guts, glory and romance, 
go on, break a leg, take this chance. 

No comments: