Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vagabond vagaries.

"Have you ever had a near death experience?"

"Sure. I was married once."

__________________________________

I most probably maybe might mayen loseth my job. So, I plan to sell my car. 
(I really don't know if I have lost it already, or I will be, or am losing it as I currently type. Hence the tense use of the tense.)

My only regret would be that none of my "friends" have visited my house. (With the only exception of Beetle Billy Dilly). RamK, Couch, Big Fat Man, Khadar, Etc. etc., this is the last call to see my house and drink Black dog. 

Which brings me to the point of discussion. It's been one year since I took my "Hiatus from humanity". Let's see what I learnt/did. 

1. Cooking. 
I can make delicious puliogare with MTR ready mix. (Give me any MTR powder, vangi bath, sambar powder, biryani, tomato rice, anything, and I will make puliogare out of it. It is not easy, OK. If you have drunk your mother's milk and father's whiskey, do it and show.)

2. Quit Smoking. 

3. Quit Drinking*.
* Except Bourbon and Scotch.

4. Bought nice clothes, new sunglasses and a business phone for myself. 

5. Downloaded discographies of all my favorite bands. 

6. Built a library. 

7. Got Malaria, Fluid in the lungs, Muscle twitches, etc. 

8. Bought an awesome bed with an orthopedic mattress. 

9. Managed the personal retinue: Mani (Maid), Appa Rao (Watchman cum Car cleaner - Lousy fellow), Prasad (Dhobi), Seenu (Cable TV & Milk), Venu (Newspaper), Srinivas (Internet) and others. (Electricians, Plumbers, etc.)

10. Designed furniture and did the interior decoration for my house. 

11. Never attended a meeting of the Flat owner's association. 

12. Became very attached to the guitar. Maybe because there was no human company. 

13. Started this blog. Started sketching. 

Well. That's all that I can think of. Do any of the above mentioned aspects justify cutting off from friends and family? When I told you guys that I would be leaving for this place, a lot of you asked me the same thing. Why? I really don't know. But sometimes, you have to be alone. All by yourself. I guess I chose to be alone because I'd forgotten how to amuse myself. I am content now. Not sad, not happy, just plain content. And though I've said it so many times, I will say it again. Thanks dudes. You know who you are. For giving me cooking tips, for making me feel at home in my house, for coming down all the way just to be with me (when you could get that Tennessee whiskey right next to you!), for calling me up every single day, for taking remote control care of me, for buying me the most beautiful birthday gift ever, for making me feel special, for telling me the best places to eat, for egging me on with every nonsense (like this blog), for telling me that I am the most amazing guitarist you've ever heard, and most of all, for helping me find myself. 

No comments: