Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hotblack Desiato

OK. First things first. I would like to clarify with a lot of clarity that I'm not getting sad again. I am, as some of you are aware and others couldn't care less, at that eventful stage in life where the phrase "Till as long as I can see" can and most probably will, mean the rest of eternity or tomorrow morning, whichever is earlier. Also, I have learnt some new things which I would like to share with you as they are completely useless commercially but technically make a lot of sense. Like some major company's front desk (read help desk) which, when approached by a perilous situation gave the most useless answer but saved the day. The story goes like this: There was once a Boeing (Trans Am, if I am correct) which was caught in a blizzard and visibility was poor and the pilot lost his co-ordinates. He then saw a huge building and he wrote on a huge paper "where am I?" and stuck it out all over his cockpit. The people in the office who saw the sign, suddenly got into a frenzy, immediately grouped and then flashed back a huge paper cutting with the words "IN AN AEROPLANE". The pilot landed safely. When asked later how he did that, he said "they gave me a technically correct but practically useless answer. I knew it had to be the Microsoft Help Desk. And I knew the way to the airport from their office." People working in Microsoft, this is a joke. If in case, you don't get it, you are in the right work place. So, anyway, coming back to the things that I have learnt, recently.
1. What is the color of the sea / ocean? blue? wrong. The water is colorless. It is the color of the sky which defines the color of the sea / ocean / any water body for god's sake.
2. What is the biggest problem with an electric vehicle? Is it the battery? Nope. The biggest problem is that when you accelerate, there is no sound from the engine, as opposed to the conventional engines that we are so used to. So if you are taking a steep corner, you have to look at the speedo just to make sure you'll still count your chickens after the corner.
3. The inside of a submarine is very cramped. All the submarines in the movies are fake.
Also decided to turn vegetarian. Just like that. Though I was never a believer in this "are you a vegetarian?" kind of stuff. Face it, if you really are vegetarian, then you shouldn't be eating vegetation. Which would make you a non- vegetarian. So a true vegetarian is a non - vegetarian. (This part was just to test your comprehensive skill set.) Also, I would like to clearly clarify with clarity that practicality is useless. If the first chap was practical, he would have chosen to walk. And I think laziness and impracticality are the mother and father of invention. One heck of a family photograph that would be. So either redefine all the definitions known including the definition of redefinition or redefine redefinition.

8 comments:

fasttrack_ravi said...

I think laziness and impracticality are the mother and father of invention

I like it.

-Ravi.

Anonymous said...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Anonymous said...

The mere thought, hadn't even begun to speculate, about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.

Anonymous said...

How many cows fit in a cadillac? Four. Period.

Anonymous said...

Vell, J.A's jist zis guy you know?

Anonymous said...

And finally...from the one and only paranoid android.

"Life. Loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

Have a nice day!!

RamKiran said...

Hey thats not a Airplane buddy its a Helicopter, Cause it can hover and people communicate with written matter. A Boeing's minimum speed to be airborne is 160 Knots. Just to make it technically correct

The Rambler said...

Thanks fasttrack_ravi, big fat man, big fat man, big fat man, big fat man, big fat man and ramkiran. Yes ramkiran, I agree with you, I think it was a misquote or a misjoke. It should have been a helicopter.