Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Supernovaditya

They should have called me Supernovaditya. I’ve heard Nagaditya, Srinivasaditya, Krishnaditya, Sriaditya, etc. But I still think they should have called me Supernovaditya. The irony (read Bangalore University) of the naming ceremony is that, all through our lives, we are identified by something which was given to us by somebody (usually a priest or oldest surviving family member who is like both feet in the grave) who we’ll never meet again in our entire lives. At this juncture, one is compelled to opine that one should just be left alone as a kid and given a choice to choose and patent his/her name once one learns basic algebra. One chose. The chosen one is Supernovaditya. Supernovadi, for short. I just spoke to an old friend. He is becoming a father. I have known the couple for about 11 years now. It feels great. All my friends are becoming fathers. It’s like the father season. However, at normal room temperature, I am sane enough to know that I would not get to be one. Don’t mistake me, I am quite potent, but it’s just that the eve is gone. Leaving me with a heartache in the head. It’s really tough to get out of this. Moral of the story: The red bullet is always faster than the black bullet. Given the circumstances, some cry, some get drunk, some talk, some sleep. I have chosen to rename myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE BECOMING FATHERS!!!!!

Couch Potato said...

You also know a Jayaditya. Supernovaditya doesn't quite work, you know. But if you're happy, that's enough for me.

Aditya said...

Yes, couch (thats coach with an ouch)...I also know a Jayaditya.

Lubna said...

Hey Rambler,
Tried leaving a post earlier as well, but blogger or my internet connection - dont know whom to blame, let me down. Thanks for dropping by my blog. FOr now, all I can say is chin up.
Hope you are having a nice weekend.

RamKiran said...

Renaming!! Fantastic dude, the philosophy is great. We r all named before the self consciousness "I" ( me, self) is formed, forget the taste. Not even one in Million thinks to rename, even though they r not happy with their name. Supernovadi!! sounds too good, Cosmic. ..... Fathering? may be u r already a father of few kids..... Bollywood Stormy NIghts.(:-.... ha remember.... Enjoy buddy, thats a nice and innovative start " renaming". SUPERNOVADI

The Rambler said...

Thanks Lubna and Ramkiran,

I am chinning up Lubna. Thank you for the support. And Ramkiran, you knew pretty well about me and how much I would be out on a bollywood stormy night....